On November 29, 2012, WSFCS Board voted to allow Home Field Advantage (HFA) to commence fundraising for a stadium project. The plan that was approved by the School Board was labeled Scheme C1 in various presentations (see image below) – this includes the following items in the phases as listed:
Phase 1 Construct a new practice field on school property off Reynolda Road across from the Children’s Home.
Phase 2 Renovate Bryson Gym to provide for use by Wiley School after their gym is demolished
Phase 3 Replace Wiley boiler currently housed in Wiley Gym
Phase 4 Demolish Wiley Gym; Construct new 2200 Seat Multipurpose Stadium in front of Wiley School; Construct new Wiley Gym; Construct new Wiley drop-off behind the school
Details of the project were later clarified at a Building and Grounds Committee Meeting by the School Board on Dec. 11th which outlined the following conditions of their approval:
- HFA must raise all of the money to pay for all phases listed above in entirety – The estimate provided at the time of presentation was $7-8 million
- WSFCS Board requires that HFA have all funds available for each phase before any work on that phase will commence
- All final plans and bids must be approved by the School Board before construction can begin
- WSFCS staff will manage the construction
- After completion, WSFCS will provide complete operations and maintenance of the facilities
This information comes from the published meeting minutes and PowerPoint presentations from the School Board and Building and Grounds Committee meetings on November 27th and December 11th 2012.